Car washes are the place where sudsy water and layers of dirt meet. This tough environment is the battlefield of clean and dirty, and it needs equipment that is reliable over time. Groschopp’s PM8028 motor with a right angle worm gearbox was up for the challenge. The previous supplier struggled to keep water out of the motor, but with Groschopp’s IP66 design, this wasn’t an issue.
Additional design challenges included gear motor space restraints and mounting the gear motor to a swinging boom arm in the car wash system. The right angle gearmotor easily fit the sizing requirement. By using a hollow bore design, Groschopp was able to mate their motor to the custom shaft of the boom arm.
- Tight space requires right angle gearbox
- Protection against mist and streams of water
- NEMA frame output
- Must mate with custom shaft at the car wash
- 24v PM8028 motor with right angle worm gearbox
- Hollow bore to match the car wash’s custom shaft (compatible for replacements)
- NEMA frame right angle reducer with custom IEC flange
- IP66 protection (complete protection against dust and high pressure water sprays)