Groschopp worked with a global manufacturer of high performance fluid power and pump products to create a completely integrated motor and removable cast metal housing. The motor housing was produced by a Groschopp-selected vendor to exacting specifications including design, tooling, vendor selection, and production.
With its high power-to-weight and compact size, a universal motor was the best choice for achieving 11,000 RPM. The motor was optimized for rugged conditions, including custom windings for the armature, machining the housing and end bells, and assembling, testing and providing quality assurance for the complete assembly. Universal motors don’t have much of a natural heat sink, but if the application load can be accurately simulated, the temperature rise of the motor can be estimated
and the required cooling vs. motor size optimized.
- Completely integrated motor solution
- High torque
- Able to withstand rough handling
- Two-pole universal motor with custom winding and high torque output
- Design optimization for rugged construction
- Special cast housing sourced and supplied by Groschopp