A solar collection systems manufacturer needed a water-tight, corrosion-resistant gearmotor that could perform in tough outdoor environments. Groschopp had the solution, their PM6015 planetary gearmotor with increased ingress protection. Besides the IP66 rating the modifications included a stainless steel shaft and chromate end bells to protect against corrosion.
To accommodate the custom shaft, a custom mounting plate and output shaft were added to the gearmotor so it could mate directly. The inline gear reducer made it possible to meet the application’s size and configuration restraints. Because the solar panels needed to adjustable to best capture the sunlight, Groschopp mounted an encoder inside the motor’s enclosure to provide proficient feedback.
- Mounting configuration requires planetary gearbox
- Watertight against mists and streams of water and corrosion-resistant
- Needs an output to mate to a slew drive
- Hall Effect and backwards compatibility
- 24V PM6015 motor with planetary gearbox
- Custom mounting and output shaft to ensure backwards compatibility for replacement sales
- IP66 protection against solid particles and strong jets of water
- Stainless steel shaft and chromate end bells to resist corrosion
- Encoder mounted inside enclosure and weatherproof cable connection